Trevor G. Hiestand
Mr. Hiestand joined the firm in 1997 and currently practices in the areas of insurance defense, insurance coverage, bad faith, motor vehicle liability, construction law, and civil litigation. Mr. Hiestand has been admitted to practice in all Georgia trial and appellate courts, as well as the Northern District of Georgia. Mr. Hiestand has extensive appellate experience before both the Georgia Supreme Court and the Georgia Court of Appeals. He was recognized by Super Lawyers Magazine as a Super Lawyer in 2011, 2012 and 2013.
Mr. Hiestand received his law degree from Emory University School of Law in 1996. While at Emory, he served as managing editor for the Emory International Law Review. Mr. Hiestand graduated from the University of Wisconsin in 1993 with a B.A. in Political Science and in History.
Mr. Hiestand lives in Atlanta with his wife and daughter. After hours, he enjoys traveling, music, art and history museums, and trying new Atlanta restaurants.
- Insurance Coverage
- Insurance Defense
- Construction, Water Damage and Nuisance Litigation
- Civil Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Trucking Litigation
Admitted to Practice
- State and Superior Courts of Georgia, 1996
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, 1996
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyers – 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
Representative Appellate Decisions
- American International South Insurance Company v. Floyd, 288 Ga. 322 (2010);
- Safi-Rafiq v. Balasubramanium, 298 Ga. App. 274 (2009);
- Dawkins v. Doe, 263 Ga. App. 737 (2003)
- Brooks v. Gray, 262 Ga. App. 232 (2003)