Hilliard V. Castilla
Hilliard V. Castilla is an experienced and skilled litigator who is recognized as one of the top trial lawyers in the Atlanta metropolitan area. He has tried over 200 jury trials, with a success rate of over 90%. Mr. Castilla is considered the “go to” man for high profile, complicated suits. His most recent highly publicized cases are indicative of his trial work.
Mr. Castilla received his undergraduate degree from Jackson State University, where he graduated with Honors. He received his law degree from the University of Virginia School of Law. After law school, he worked as a Law Clerk for the Honorable Joseph W. Hatchett, United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.
Mr. Castilla has represented thousands of individuals and corporations in litigation throughout the states of Georgia and Mississippi. He has also represented athletes and entertainers in his burgeoning sports and entertainment practice. In addition, Mr. Castilla has been appointed as advisor to the Committee for Children and the Courts by the State Bar of Georgia. He also performs pro bono work for the Truancy Intervention Program where he serves as Attorney and Guardian Ad Litem for truant and at-risk youth.
Mr. Castilla lives in Fayetteville with his wife and three children. He is pastor of Beulah Cathedral Church in Decatur, Georgia.
- Civil Litigation
- Insurance Coverage
- Insurance Defense
- Premises Liability
- Small Business Litigation
Admitted to Practice
- State and Superior Courts of Mississippi, 1986
- State and Superior Courts of Georgia, 1987
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
Professional or Trade Affiliations
- State Bar of Georgia Discipline and Rules Committee
- Gate City Bar Association
- Fulton County Truancy Intervention Program
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
Honors & Awards
- State Bar of Georgia Outstanding Public Service Award
- MADD Community Champion Award
In The News
- Featured in Fulton County Daily Report October 4, 2010 and October 9, 2012