Ms. Rice joined the firm in 2007 and has been a partner since 2014. Prior to joining the firm, she specialized in bankruptcy law. Ms. Rice’s current practice focuses on motor vehicle and motor carrier defense, insurance fraud, construction litigation, and general civil litigation matters. She has been lead counsel in dozens of jury trials throughout Georgia and has established a reputation of consistently obtaining verdicts significantly less than the pre-trial settlement offers of her clients and their insurers.
Ms. Rice has been named a Rising Star by Georgia Super Lawyers for the past seven (7) years. She is an active member of the Georgia Defense Lawyers Association (GDLA), where she serves on the Board of Directors as the Northern District of Georgia representative. Ms. Rice is often called upon to speak to her clients and colleagues about a vast array of insurance litigation topics.
Ms. Rice lives in Sandy Springs with her husband and daughters. She enjoys running, tennis, beach vacations, and other people’s cooking.
- Insurance Defense
- Trucking Litigation
- Construction, Water Damage and Nuisance Litigation
Admitted to Practice
- State and Superior Courts of Georgia, 2005
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, 2005
- Georgia Court of Appeals, 2009
- Supreme Court of Georgia, 2009
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia, 2013
Professional or Trade Affiliations
- State Bar of Georgia
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
- Board of Directors – Northern District of Georgia Representative
Honors & Awards
- Recognized by Super Lawyers Magazine as Rising Star in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, &, 2017
- ATTORNEY’S FEES, OFFER-ACCEPTANCE, AND A DASH OF UM: 2013 AUTO LIABILITY CASE LAW UPDATE, 2014 GDLA Law Journal.
- One is the Loneliest Number: Defending the Insurer in a Direct Action Trial, 2015 GDLA Annual Meeting Materials
- Inside the Courtroom: The Trial of a Personal Injury Case; Georgia State Bar; September 20, 2012
- Knowing the Deponent Through Social Media; GDLA’s Pre-Deposition and Discovery Boot Camp.
Representative Appellate Decisions
- Richards v. D.R. Horton, Inc., 320 Ga. App. 771, 740 S.E. 2d 732 (2013);
- Lankford v. State Farm Mut. Auto. Ins. Co., 207 Ga. App. 12, 703 S.E. 2d 406 (2010);
- Harbin v. Roberts, 305 Ga. App. 107, 699 S.E. 2d 36 (2010);
- Performance Food Group, Inc. v. Williams, 300 Ga. App. 831, 686 S.E. 2d 437 (2009);
- Kelley v. Blue Line Carriers, LLC, 300 Ga. App. 577, 685 S.E. 2d 479 (2009).